Connecting to a router
To establish a connection with a wireless router, you can use any Wi-Fi device at hand, including a smartphone, tablet or other communication device. From this device you should connect to the router’s Wi-Fi network, for which the user will need a password.
In some cases, you may not be able to connect to your router’s wireless network. There are many reasons for this – the password is lost, there is no Wi-Fi device at hand, the router is experiencing problems with the operation of the Wi-Fi access point, etc. In this case, you can connect to the wireless router as you would to a wired communication device – via a network cable, but for this you will need to use a computer equipped with a network (Ethernet) card.
The easiest way to reset settings is to restore them from the system menu. This method will work if the tablet functionality is alive. If the tablet does not even turn on, then this method will not work.
Instructions for performing a Hard Reset will be as follows:
- Create a backup copy of your files. To do this, go to the settings, open the “System” item, select “Backup and Restore”, and then click on “Data Backup”. After this, follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen of the tablet computer.
- Now you can perform a factory reset itself. To do this, you need to open the “Settings” item on your Huawei tablet computer.
- Scroll down and find the “System” section. Open it.
- In this section there is an item “Restore and reset” (or simply “Reset”);
- Click on “Reset to factory settings” (“Reset all settings”).
- Agree with the warning, click OK.
After completing the steps, the tablet will begin to reboot on its own. Then the user will see Google and a tablet greeting on the device screen. The device will start with factory settings.
Reset settings No. 2 – through recovery
If the user is faced with a situation where it is impossible to turn on the tablet for some reason, then you can use another method of completely resetting the settings or Hard Reset.
To do this you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the recovery menu. This can be done by simultaneously holding down the power key on the tablet and volume down. It will take 10 seconds to hold the keys. Then the recovery menu will open.
- In the menu you need to select the “Wipe data/factory reset” item. You can navigate through the menu using the volume up (up) and volume down (down) keys. To accept the choice, you will need to press the Power key.
- Press the device power button, agreeing with the choice made.
After completing all the steps above, the device will begin to reboot. The tablet will turn on with the settings already reset.
The third method is the most radical of the other factory reset methods. To perform a Hard Reset, the user will need to perform the following steps:
- Press and hold the Power key and both volume keys at the same time.
- Wait for the Huawei logo to appear on the tablet computer screen.
- Then release the device’s power button while still holding both volume buttons.
- Then you need to wait until the Huawei tablet starts to reboot. After this, you can release the volume keys.
These are the simple ways you can reset your Huawei tablet to factory settings. Share link:
There are two ways to “reset” settings – software (remote) and hardware. The first involves logging into the Web interface of the communication device and then using the corresponding function. The hardware method also involves launching the reset function, but this is done by pressing a special button located on the router body.
Please keep in mind that a remote reset can only be performed if the user has a password for the router’s Web interface. A hardware reset, in turn, can only be performed if you have physical access to the router, i.e. if it is located in a locked room, this method cannot be used.